Wargames terrain in the 40K universe... Share:

Thursday 21 July 2011

Armies - Execute that turret!

Its done! ...well, nearly. I think I might have to give the plasma a little more white highlighting, and the viewports aren't painted either - though I'm not sure what colour to do them (I'm thinking black at the minute - highlighted with Charadon Granite in order to keep the colour palette I've been using up to now).

The tanks hull is well on it's way too... But I'll save that for when I've finished the thing completely. I'm still waiting for the English summer to decide it wants to stop raining... I have spraying to do!

2 comments:

  1. Looks good! One of the things that I've seen for the big plasma coils on the Executioner turret is to do 'power waves', where one band is near pure white, the next band back is light blue/white, then light blue, then blue, then dark blue, then starting over with near pure white and so on. It end up looking as though there are plasma pulses moving down the channel - haven't tried it myself, but thought I'd throw it out there. May I suggest a really dark blue for the viewports rather than black? Necron Abyss or something similar with a brush-on gloss varnish could give it that dark glassy look while still staying with the muted color palette you're using. Love seeing it all come together - keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn you, that's a good idea. I don't think I have a suitable dark blue colour, so will have to find something.

    I'd love to do the effect you describe on the plasma, though I am running to an incredibly tight deadline and don't think I can justify the time needed to make it look right. I did highlight up the coils a little more this morning though, as I felt it needed a little more definition.

    ReplyDelete