Wargames terrain in the 40K universe... Share:

Sunday 9 October 2011

Review - Amera Plastics Landing Pad & Craters

Amera Plastic Mouldings is a UK based company that produces plastic vacuum formed terrain kits. Some of these are single piece kits, but they also produce a range of multi-part models. Either way, all of their kits look incredibly reasonably priced so I was eager to get hold of some things to see what we are dealing with.

I decided to order some craters and a landing pad. Arriving well packaged and relatively speedily, both required a small amount of trimming. But nothing that a good pair of scissors couldn't sort out. If only I had a good pair of scissors!

Overall, I was very happy with the plastic moulding. My only criticism would be that some of their kits seem a little bit on the large size in terms of scaling... not by much, but enough for me to notice (though perhaps thats not fair considering my exacting eye).

However, their products are all very cost effective!



Considering the ease with which the craters can be cut and shaped, I have some ideas for how to use them, watch this space. I also have some very quick plans for painting the Landing Pad which involves the review of another product that some of you terrain builders might be interested in (assuming it comes out well!) So keep your eyes peeled.

Simples! If it's all this easy then I'll be sure to order from Amera Mouldings again! You can find them in my list of resources on the left hand side and by following the link at the start of this post.



3 comments:

  1. Awesome - will definately check these guys out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are definately worth a visit to the site. Some of the stuff has some real potential, not only as stand alone terrain pieces, but they can also be integrated easily into fixed gaming boards and dioramas because the plastic can be cut fairly easily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review and comments much appreciated! See us on facebook too

    ReplyDelete