Wargames terrain in the 40K universe... Share:

Monday 26 March 2012

Krull - Who Needs Paint!?

Everyone seems to be talking about the new GW paints. This post is going to be something completely different! If you are bored of reading about paint then you definately won't find any of it here! No, instead you'll find a WiP commission of 'Krull, The Servile Lord of Dis'.

I have no idea who Krull, or Dis, are but this kit from BaneLegions is mammoth! A full resin kit big on scale and big on detail. The skin is chocked full of hair detail, the armour has fine battle damage. This chap has even got man-bubbles dangling behind that loin cloth! (I'll spare you the close up unless it's a particular request!)



This WiP build has invovled cleaning up of parts and magnetising the arms and the wings. The arms were pretty straightforward, but the wings are still causing me some headaches so I'll need a bit more work to ensure they are not losing a battle with Gravity. I also snapped some pics during the magnetising process, so hopefully I'll be able to put up a tutorial on how to magnetise and some key tips and tricks.


Until then I hope you enjoy these fuzzy images. Painting won't be started on this guy for a while, but once it is complete you'll be able to find pictures over on iPaintmodels. If you're lucky, you may find some more WiP shots... but I've got another few other commissions to cram in before then.



Next month, I will mostly be painting... ZOMBIES! (yeah, so much for this post!!!)

3 comments:

  1. Gotta say that this is a pretty epic sculpt. Would love to see a painted example.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have recently put a painted example on the BaneLegion website (linked above)... I know I am being asked to pain this guy (which I'm looking forward to), but it won't be for a little while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool, Oink! I got a chance to see the assembled model in a case at Maelstrom games and it is definitely terrifying in person! Can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete